Saturday 20 April 2013

David Bowie Is: The Exhibition

The V&A should be proud to have such a visually engaging, beautifully curated and incredibly popular exhibition being held at present.
Costumes, album covers, hand written lyrics, photographs, paintings, videos and of course music made up the incredibly dense exhibit. Trying to admire and learn about such a large amount of work when the exhibition was so crowded was difficult. In addition, the provided headset with audio clips was not working properly and made it very confusing to understand. Despite the technical difficulties, and crowds of people just seeing such extravagant and one-of-a-kind pieces was a treat in itself. The exhibition was held in rooms with dark coloured walls and dim lighting consequently highlighting each piece and making the whole experience more atmospheric.
It is next to impossible to try and explain or describe the entire collection of material so I will simply have to talk about some of my favourites.
In my opinion this is the best exhibition I've seen in my life. Never have I been so blown away by how everything was presented. It was original, vibrant, informative, rich in history, culture, beauty and with a wide range of mixed media. I will definitely be visiting again!





No comments:

Post a Comment