Sunday 21 April 2013

"The Importance of Being Earnest" - The Film, 2002

Photography courtesy of: http://ia.media-imdb.com/images/M/
MV5BMTI1MTAxNDk0Nl5BMl5BanBnXkFt
ZTcwMDg2ODEyMQ@@._V1_SY317_CR4,0,214,317_.jpg
I absolutely loved this film. The text was stuck to but with more imagination and humor than I could ever imagine. The casting and acting were spot on. I could not think of better actors to play Jack, Algernon, Gwendolen, Cecily and Lady Bracknell. The setting was beautiful in every seen and the decor was a visual feast. 
Gwendolen was portrayed more sexually and cheekily than I had read into the character which I thought worked particularly well. 
Act One, Scene 2 with Jack and Algernon was set at a bar/ party which gave the film a wider range of surroundings and made the film even more enjoyable. 
From start to finish a great production which stayed very much to the original masterpiece by Oscar Wilde. 

No comments:

Post a Comment