Monday 29 April 2013

Personal Tutorial

After speaking to my tutor today, I have some issues to resolve in my project:

1)  We discussed my overall design approach to the brief and I received positive feedback. My all female cast idea was taken well giving me a little more confidence in the idea and consequently I am choosing to stick with this.

2) The idea for the fabric (fragmented Victorian wallpaper pattern, inspired by analytical cubism), we decided was one layer too many. I've decided to just use the original wallpaper patterns as there is a nice alliance between female cast and this fabric. It emphasises the rigid society in Victorian times, what was expected fo women and where they would spend all their time, in these rooms covered in this wallpaper.

3)My design sketches are too fashion based and therefore I need to research into costume illustrators and make drawings which are more expressive and tellng of the characters. *NB, Pamela Howard.

4) Emphasis on need for a set design to give the costumes a fuller context (world they would be seen in).

5) The costume sketches should not be on a plain white background, use a pattern, collage, somethign to give greater context and information about the costume.

No comments:

Post a Comment